Source: These images were taken by WTL at the Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (Basilica and Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe) in Tepeyac, México.
Comments: Upon entering the Basilica's ground, straight ahead we see the baroque cathedral (on the left). The chapel (Panteón del Tepeyac) on the hill of Tepeyac is visible behind the old cathedral. The archectect of the old cathedral was Pedro de Arrieta. It was built with light red volcanic rock found throughout the valley of Mexico. It has four cupolas covered with ceramic mosaics. The building on the right is the Church of Santa María de Guadalupe, called the Church of the Capuchinas (Capuchin Nuns). It was built in 1782-1787 as a place to house pilgrims. This building is in the neoclassical style. The building was sinking, but in 1980 engineers re-righted it, and it now houses a separate parish.